Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in February
February makes a superb time of the year for tourists who like to avoid the peak crowds of high season and enjoy great outdoor activities in Dubai while the weather is still mild.
It’s also an excellent month for romantics looking for Valentine’s holiday deals in one of Dubai’s luxury resorts; adventure lovers will want to head to the mountains, and sports fans of all varieties will be well-catered for with a huge lineup of indoor and outdoor events in the United Arab Emirates this February.
In this Dubai February guide:
Dubai Weather in February
Dubai’s average daytime maximum temperature in February is 25.6°C/78°F, with highs as much as 37.5°C/99°F and lows overnight averaging 15.6°C/60°F. The Average UV Index in February in Dubai is 6-8.
In February, you should expect sea temperatures on average of 22.4°C/72.3°F (minimum of 21.3°C/71.2°F at the start of the month through to a maximum of 23.5°C/73.4°F by the end of the month)
While the outside air temperature is starting to warm up for spring, it is the coolest time of the year for water temperatures, albeit most resorts and hotels heat their pools for year-round enjoyment.
Fog and rain are both common occurrences in February, but on the whole, you will mostly experience bright sunny days and pleasant weather. Cloud cover is rare, but it can happen in the early mornings if you are thinking of doing any sightseeing from above.
You can read more about expected Dubai weather in February here, along with our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in February; a light jacket is advisable, along with a hat and sunscreen!
Further Reading: The best times to visit Dubai: Every season explained
Dubai Special Events February 2024
The month of February is, simply put, one of the best times of year to visit Dubai. With superb warm weather and a plethora of events going on, here’s just a taster of what’s happening in Dubai this February:
- Emirates Airline Festival of Literature is to be held from 31st January to the 6th of February 2024 in Dubai Festival City; you’ll find a varied lineup of literary events suitable for all age groups to enjoy #EmiratesLitFest
- Taste of Dubai, Dubai’s largest culinary event, held from the 23rd to the 25th of February 2024 – Skydive Dubai, Dubai Marina
- Sporting events are aplenty in Dubai this month, with the Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Championships – held at the Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Stadium from the 18th February to the 2nd March 2023 #DDFTennis
- Dubai Polo – a huge lineup of events at the Al Habtoor Polo Resort & Club, including the IFZA Gold Cup from 6th February to the 24th February 2024
- Get ready to Party at the UNTOLD festival. Featuring some of the world’s top DJs and electronic music producers, (including Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, PSY, Sven Vath), this unique festival will be pumping out the tunes from the 15th to the 18th of February at Expo City.
Suggested Things to Do in Dubai in February 2024
As the mild winter days continue into February, it’s the perfect time of year to do some outdoor exploring. In and around Dubai city, some of the best places we suggest you try:
- For a modern take on Arabic architecture and beauty, take an abra through the canals around Madinat Jumeirah Souk, with the stunning Burj al Arab backdrop and exquisite luxury Arabian surroundings, or experience the new guided tour offering inside the opulent Burj Al Arab.
- Walk a stretch of the Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk, covering 11kms of the outer frond of the Palm. Start from Atlantis in the centre, or Rixos Hotel to the east, and One&Only The Palm to the west and your journey will take you past some of the most luxurious hotels in the world!
- February is a great time for a trip out to the desert while avoiding the high temperatures of the summer months. You can take a traditional desert safari, with dune bashing, camel rides and a bedouin feast; or enjoy the sand dunes and peacefulness of the desert at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve.
Dubai with Kids in February 2024
Whilst the days are still so mild, the perfect activity with kids is to enjoy the parks and gardens that the city has to offer – yes in the desert! It’s also a local mid-term school break, so expect a few extra activities to go on around mid-month. Our favourite Dubai parks for winter are:
- Dubai Garden Glow and Dinosaur Park – you will find this close to the city in Zabeel Park. A nightly event from 4:00 pm where you can watch giant animated dinosaurs roar to life, before the sunset, and the park comes alive with totally instagrammable glowing creations.
- Dubai Miracle Garden – where you will find the world’s largest flower garden by total number of blooms, a truly magical walk through floral houses to the centrepiece Emirates A380 floral creations. Swing and hammock your way around and enjoy one of the city’s prettiest little spots.
- Safa Park – a favourite with locals, this is where you will find your slice of tranquillity in inner Dubai. Barbequing, ball games and picnicking are all popular activities in this family park, along with bike riding and boating on the lake, a bargain day out for just a few dirham entry fee.
Note that some water parks do their annual maintenance in the coolest winter months; some rides and attractions may be closed, so check before booking tickets to avoid any disappointment:
If a little rain is forecast, try the entirely indoor theme park IMG Worlds of Adventure, or partially indoor Motiongate Dubai. There’s a bumper list of indoor ideas here to keep you busy if you do hit one of those rare wet days on your trip to Dubai!
More Frequently Asked Questions About February in Dubai
February is historically the second coolest month of the year in Dubai. Daytime temperatures generally do not exceed 30°C, you can expect an average high of a very mild 25.6°C/78°F.
You most definitely can, though locals might tell you it’s on the cooler side!
If you’re coming from the depths of winter elsewhere in the Northern Hemisphere, you’ll likely find it pleasant with average February sea temperatures of 22.4°C/72.3°F.
If you are staying in a resort hotel, they will almost certainly have pool heating on still in February.
It wouldn’t be unusual to experience some light rain – or even a thunderstorm – when visiting Dubai in February.
Although an arid desert climate, the cooler winter months can bring sporadic rainfall in Dubai. On average, the city experiences 35mm of rainfall in February, the highest of the year, though the last few years have been very dry.
We would say it’s warm rather than hot in Dubai in February. The average maximum temperature in February rarely exceeds 30°C.
Although occasional cloud cover can happen in the winter in Dubai, in February, you should expect 8.6 hours of sunshine on average, with around 11 hours of daylight.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.
Dubai Travel Planner