Enjoy the great outdoors in Dubai with a touch of luxury! All about Glmaping in Dubai, UAE
Glamping is the perfect way for the reluctant camper to dip their toe into the great outdoors without giving up all the creature comforts of staying in a hotel room.
It’s an increasingly popular area of the tourism market in Dubai and a fabulous way to get beyond the city and explore the best of Dubai’s desert and mountains (yes, mountains!)
Before we dive into Dubai glamping spots, you may also be interested in:
Let’s take a look around some of the best glamping in Dubai, plus a highlights tour of the best glamping in the rest of the UAE.
*NB most glamping in Dubai is seasonal and will not operate roughly May to October when it is too hot – check dates with each individual provider
In this Dubai Glamping Guide, we’ll cover:
Best Glamping in the Dubai Desert
Camping under canvas or purpose-built bubble domes, these are the best glamping spots in the Dubai Desert:
Sonara Camp, Dubai
Reluctant campers, start here! This has to be the finest and most exquisite of Dubai glamping experiences.
Set in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, enjoy dinner under the stars prepared by the resident chef before treating yourself to one of their Nest experiences – these are luxury glamping tents with ensuite bathrooms.
There are no tents to pitch yourself, and a driver can pick you up from Dubai, so all the work is done for you.
Evening entertainment includes a fabulous range of sports to enjoy as the sun sets over the desert, from snowboarding to archery and volleyball. Or, for something more sedate, sit back with a drink and enjoy a movie under the stars and a weekend stargazing program.
How much does it cost? Prices start from AED 2300 per Nest, accommodating up to 4 (Nests come in 3 categories; Dune Nest, Sunset Nest & Sunrise Nest)
Where to find it: Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve – access with 4×4 or arrange city pickups.
Good to Know: If you still can’t bring yourself to sleep under the stars, Sonara also offers an evening-only entertainment program that comes extremely highly commended – check it out here.
Platinum Heritage, Dubai
Another fabulous offering to consider, also in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, is a Heritage Safari with an overnight stay by Platinum Heritage. Here, you will be offered oasis tent accommodation to accompany your choice of desert experiences.
Renowned for its philosophy of focusing on the desert itself and the wildlife rather than the dune sports, this is the preferred option for those who want a more hands-on desert experience but with comfortable amenities.
The evening and overnight programs here allow you to enjoy a 4-course dinner and relax in the majlis with Bedouin hospitality before joining a morning eco-safari with gourmet breakfast. You can even add an early morning hot air balloon ride (a great way to save yourself the early morning wake-up call in the city and enjoy the most spectacular sunrise in Dubai!)
Overnight camps run from 1 October to 30 April 2024.
Note that this is much more basic accommodation than Sonara; there are shared bathroom facilities and no on-site showers.
What it costs: From AED 695++ per adult and AED 595++ per child before extras such as balloon rides and transfers from Dubai.
Where to find it: Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve – access with 4×4 or arrange city pickups.
Terra Solis, Dubai
A unique new addition to Dubai’s glamping lineup in winter 2022-23, desert daycations and overnight glamping stays with a party vibe. Set around an exquisite desert oasis, this is the ultimate in desert glamping experience for those who love to be seen to be seen!
More akin to Dubai’s luxury desert resort offering, the overnight options at Terra Solis include:
- Polaris – An experience for two queen or twin share, your luxury bell tent is equipped with air-con, a mini fridge and towels. Shared Bathrooms (NB we cannot see this offering available yet for winter 23/24)
- Perseid lodges step it up a notch, including a king-size bed, private ensuite bathroom, aircon and mini fridge with towels.
- Orion pool lodges are as top-notch as glamping gets, with a king-size bed, private pool and private terrace. Rooms are air-conditioned with mini fridge, towels and bathrobes with private ensuite.
All overnight visitors have complete access to the property facilities, including a pool with sunloungers and breakfast at Mesa.
What it costs: Polaris starts from AED 1200++ weekdays, through to Orion rooms from AED 4,800++
Where to find it: Terra Solis is on the city outskirts; follow exit 19 Jebel Ali/Lehbab Road, Dubailand – see map
Please note Terra Solis is an adults-only venue – you must be over 21 years of age.
Starlight Camp, Dubai
Enjoy an exclusive bubble tent experience in a hidden pop-up location outside of the city to enjoy unfettered starry night views in the desert.
Your luxury crystal roof tent for 2 (though annexe tents are also available for families) includes a wonderfully comfy bed, Nespresso machine, fridge, fireplace – even a telescope and Bluetooth speakers. Self-cooking is included, or enjoy the food and beverage truck on site.
The toilets and shower facilities are shared here, which may drop it down a notch for our campophobes, but partake in the all-inclusive package, and all your dinner and drinks plus breakfast (along with the dishes!) will be taken care of for you – it still ranks highly in Dubai luxury desert experiences.
What does it cost? Priced from AED 3000 for two man tent, family annexes additional.
Where to find it: Your secret Dubai desert location will be revealed after booking! You’ll need a 4×4 or city pick-ups can be arranged.
More Overnight Desert Camp Options
These are some of the top-choice overnight experiences offered by Viator. Some of these are a little more rustic camping experiences than glamping; the prices are pretty indicative of the luxury level you’ll get!
- Al Khayma Camp by OceanAir Travel (via Get Your Guide) are a reputable provider of adventure activities in Dubai. Their overnight option added to a traditional Dubai desert safari evening would make a solid second choice after Platinum Heritage, aimed at the middle market rather than high-end luxury. You get your own tent and wake up to an early morning camel trek and breakfast before being delivered back to your hotel.
Best Glamping in Hatta
To the south of Dubai, you will come to the mountainous region of Hatta. Much improvement has gone into this area in the last few years to make this an incredible nature playground with a huge range of water sports, hikes and mountain biking on offer.
There are a few different glamping options in Hatta, hitting different price points and group sizes.
Hatta Damani Lodges Resort
The Damani Lodges Resort offers guests 20 exclusive mountain cabins. Whilst your amenities are basic with tea and coffee making, AC, TV, mini-fridge and a terrace, you do get a private bathroom and sensational mountain views. You can access Wadi Hub food trucks and BBQ huts, plus a huge range of recreational activities on offer at Wadi Hub.
What does it cost?
Prices vary significantly from weekdays to weekends and over public holiday weekends. Use this as a guide only for a winter weekend.
- Standard Lodges – can house 2 adults in a double bed from approx AED 1165++ per night
- Deluxe Lodge – also have a double bed, plus a single futon, allowing up to 3 to share from approx 1,265 AED++ per night
- Premium Lodge – Offer a queen-sized bed + sofa bed fitting up to 4 from approx 1,365AED++ per night
NB – If you want a weekend slot, book well in advance! These are super popular and you’ll find the season can book out almost immediately once the weather cools. Try mid-week if possible – the prices are also significantly cheaper.
Hatta Sedr Trailers Resort
American-style airstreams are one of the latest hit attractions of visiting Hatta. There are 13 fully renovated campers set out over the mountainside, each with its own basic bathroom amenities, mini-fridge, TV, tea & coffee facilities and Wi-Fi.
Each van is equipped with a double bed plus a sofa bed – ideal for 2 to 3 guests- Sedr are happy to accept bookings for 2 adults and 2 children under 8 (though it may be a bit of a squeeze).
The Sedr trailers are serviced with Sedr Bites Truck, and have dedicated BBQs and bonfire facilities, a viewing deck and access to nearby water sports activities on the dam.
What does it cost? Priced from AED 1125++ per night
Where to find it? The Sedr Trailers Resort is in Hatta, approximately an hour south of Dubai
Hatta Dome Park
A newer addition to the Hatta glamping lineup is 15 dome-shaped luxury tents, perfect for a family of four. The dome tents come with 40 square metres of accommodation space and include outdoor space for a private barbecue and a fire pit.
Nestled on rocky terrain, these domes offer uninterrupted panoramic views of the Hajar Mountains during the day and an escape under the stars at night.
Breakfast is included for all guests, with an option to add dinner too.
What does it cost: Dome tents start from AED 650++ mid-week, weekends from AED 950++
Where to find it? Hatta Dome Park is in Hatta, approximately an hour and 15 minutes south of Dubai
We have a more detailed guide over here to everything to do in Hatta, plus an update over here on the new express bus tranfer services to get to Hatta from Dubai Mall, no need to rent a car for international visitors!
Glamping in the UAE
The glamping doesn’t end in Dubai; there are plenty of glamping options to consider in the other Emirates of the UAE, within 2-hour drive of Dubai.
Beach Glamping in the UAE
- Bab Al Nojoum, Al Hudayriyat Island, Abu Dhabi. A glamping and camping set up adjacent to the sporting and entertainment attractions of Hudayriyat island, newly opened at the end of 2020. There are basic tents through to camper vans for 2 and a luxury two-story option with a private pool! (Approx. 1 hour 30 mins from Downtown Dubai) – LEARN MORE HERE
- Longbeach Ras Al Khaimah. This really is a hybrid between camping and a resort! Waterfront tents go hand in hand with resort-style activity offerings. Enjoy Domed tents through to Safari Suites (Approx. 1 hour 15 mins from Downtown Dubai) – LEARN MORE HERE
- Mysk Kingfisher Retreat, Sharjah (Kalba). Overlooking the Gulf of Oman from the serene waterfront mangroves of the eastern enclave of Sharjah, these luxury tented cabins each come with their own private pool. Remote and ideal for larger groups or families with one, two & three-bedroom options. (Approx. 1 hour from Downtown Dubai)– LEARN MORE HERE
Desert Glamping in the UAE
- Bedouin Oasis Camp, Ras al Khaimah. From traditional desert evening to an overnight offering that includes chalets, deluxe tents, nature view tents and more rustic igloo tents, just choose your comfort level! (Approx. 1 hour 20 mins from Downtown Dubai) – LEARN MORE HERE
- The Dunes Camping & Safari, Ras Al Khaimah. From elevated treehouses to deluxe camping domes, The Dunes offers a great value glamping option for those who’d like to combine a desert experience evening with dinner and an overnight stay. Not ultra-luxurious but a great authentic RAK experience. (Approx. 1 hour 20 mins from Downtown Dubai)– LEARN MORE HERE
- Mysk Al Badayer Oasis Retreat, Sharjah. Anything Mysk by Sharjah Collection has quality written all over it, and their eco desert “camp” is no exception. This superb luxury glamping experience offers a wide range of desert activities and a desert wildlife program. (Approx. 40 mins from Downtown Dubai) – LEARN MORE HERE
- Mysk Moon Retreat, Sharjah, is another new kid on the UAE glamping block. This is a great family choice with the choice of 10 dome tents and 6 private tents – 1 and 2-bedroom options with private pools and decks, air con and DIY BBQ facilities. (Approx 45 minutes from Downtown Dubai) – LEARN MORE HERE
- Bab Al Nojoum Bateen Liwa, Liwa Desert Abu Dhabi. This one is going to take you more than 2 hours drive from Dubai, but we feel it is a must to include if you’ll be adding a visit to Abu Dhabi Emirate to your itinerary. Uniquely situated in the Liwa Desert, you’ll find self-contained villas with a private pool await, in amongst the rolling dunes of the Empty Quarter (Approx. 3 hours 30 minutes drive from Downtown Dubai) – LEARN MORE HERE
Mountain Glamping in the UAE
- Jebel Hafit Desert Park, Al Ain. Set at the foot of Jebel Hafit, the tallest point in Abu Dhabi Emirate, there is a variety of bubble domes, luxury tents, and Bedouin-style tents, as well as campsites only available as part of the desert park, which includes the UNESCO-listed “beehive tombs”. (Approx. 1 hour 45 mins from Downtown Dubai) – LEARN MORE HERE
- The Retreat Camp, Fujairah. One of the UAE’s more unique eco experiences, you’ll find this small property in the foothills of the Hajar Mountains, facing the Gulf of Oman. The entire camp is built with sustainability in mind and huts many hiking trails on your doorstep. (Approx. 1 hour 50 mins from Downtown Dubai) – LEARN MORE HERE
++ A small note on accommodation pricing in Dubai (and other Emirates). Frequently ,you will find accommodation pricing quoted without the applicable tourist taxes and VAT, which can add 20%+ to the list price – you can see our complete guide to Dubai tourist taxes here.
For all full listing and details of glamping sites across the UAE, check out our partner site Family Travel in the Middle East
Information was originally published in January 2021; updates have been made as of November 2023. Always check with the venue prior to visiting in case there are special opening hours, restricted hours or changes in special offers.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.
Dubai Travel Planner